Sunday, November 8, 2009

M2M Scavenger Hunt



Lisa from (The Preacher's Wife) is doing a Minister's Wives Scavenger Hunt. This should be a lot of fun. Thanks Lisa!


The Treasures

1. First Name. Linda

2. State and Country of Residence. Nevada/United States of America

3. Husband’s Ministry Title. Pastor

4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location. {IMPORTANT: There are several of you who may not be in a current ‘official’ pastorate/ministry, etc. That makes you no less a minister’s wife! You play along, girlfriends, and let us pray for you!} 8 yrs. Praise the Lord!!

5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages. Two wonderful sons ages 18 & 6

6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage.
9 homes total ~ Germany (1), Pennsylvania (2) & Las Vegas (6). We have never owned our own home. Here in Vegas it seemed for a while there that we were having to move every year due to the owner of the home wanted to sell it. Our first home was the most unique, we were living in Wurzburg, Germany. We lived directly above our landlord who spoke only German. We had our own dialect going on, haha. Just living in Las Vegas right now is unique in itself, lol.

7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? Mostly we eat out. You can't beat Taco Bell's 39 cent tacos. I do a roast in the crockpot occasionally.

8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? I am mostly on time. It all depends on how easy it is to get my mom up and out of bed. She loves her sleep, especially on Sunday mornings. I can get myself so stressed some mornings trying to hurry her up in a "Godly" way, haha . She has to read the paper every morning with breakfast so on Sundays I try to hide it so will get done faster, lol.

9. Favorite TV Show. I have a few ~ Lost, Heroes, American Idol, CSI Las Vegas & CSI NY

10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. (Except now you just did…lol) I can't think of anything. We are a small church that is very close, they know everything about me.

11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve. People doing something or saying something hurtful to my husband or kids.

12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it. A really small pair of jeans. I just know one day I will be able to squeeze back into them ;)

13. The one food you can not live without. Chocolate :) Is that considered a food?

14. Parsonage or have your own home? We are in the process of buying our first home right now. Praise God!!

15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? A few years back I used to freak out, now I love it! I am not home that much to get the door but when I am I love having company.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

We just had Taco Bell after church tonight for supper. Wish we had 39cent tacos! Nice to meet you Linda.

Sisters said...

39 cent tacos??!!! That would be great!

Mary Beth said...

Girlfriend... you hang on to those jeans!!! You WILL fit into them one day... as soon as you stop eating taco bell. LOL

So nice to meet you.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Girl, you have lived all over!! And yes, we frequent the 89 cent menu at Taco Bell.. In fact, we know it by heart..lol

rachel said...

I am cracking up that you hide the newspaper! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for the comment asking about curriculum for the high school girls class. Send me an e-mail to mjsmith723(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll fill you in on what has/hasn't worked for us! :)

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Gotta love those cheap menus...especially when you have hungry boys. :)

Janet said...

Chocolate is definitely a food, a yummy, mouth watering one at that. It doesn't fill you up either, however, it does make it difficult to get back into those old jeans... LOL I have those jeans in my closet too, hehe. BTW, I love those same shows. Love you girl, you are the best!!