Friday, October 10, 2008

Baptisms

Oh how I love baptisms. They remind me of weddings. They both symbolize the beginning of a new life.

Here are a few pictures of baptisms we had this month. Praise God for these precious men. God and the angels are rejoicing in heaven with us.

Preparing for the baptisms.
I have to tell you what happened a few moments after this picture was taken. Our dear friend Liz who was so gracious to allow us to use her pool for baptisms decided that she wanted to get a bug out of the pool while my husband Richard was speaking on the meaning of baptism. While she was skimming the pool she accidentally smacked Richard in the head with the handle of the skimmer. It happened so fast that I wasn't even sure if it hit him or not. He moved his head so fast and just kept right on with his teaching. It did hit him, but not hard enough to make him lose his focus. Way to go honey!! We did capture it on video. America's Funniest Videos would love to see it I'm sure. We all laughed about it later.


Meet Stephen. This young man is such a blessing to us. He was very excited to be baptized. It was so emotional for him and for all of us.




Meet Sergio. He was so excited, he made me want to get baptized again. Oh I pray that we would all be able to keep the excitement and joy that comes with our new life in Christ.




Praise Him!!!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

What a tremendous blessings!

The Equipped Life said...

What a wonderful blessing... new, fresh and clean lives beginning for God!

And how unusual that we should cross paths with Sherman as the connection.